Welcoming Congregations in Kern County
- The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Rev. Denis Paul. The UU church was fighting for marriage equality before there was a marriage equality movement in the US! They meet at 98 Sterling Road, on Sundays at . Call them (661) 363-5421 http://www.uufkc.org
- The Unity Church of Bakersfield, Pastor Chuck Cournyea, one of the first local ministers to speak out against bias at the KHSD school board meetings. Services: Sundays , Wednesdays, . 2001 Truxtun Avenue, Bakersfield, California 93301, (661) 327-8614 http://www.unityofbakersfield.org/
- The First Congregational Church is part of the United Church of Christ. They meet at the corner of Stockdale and Real Roads every for several services. Pastor Dave Stabenfeldt officiated a wedding for a lesbian couple on the first day they became legal in 2013. (661) 327-1609 http://www.fccbakersfield-ucc.org/
- Grace Episcopal Church is now St. Paul's Episcopal Church, having emerged from litigation returning Episcopal property in Bakersfield to the people of the former Grace Episcopal congregation. Love wins!St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 2216 17th St. 93301 (661) 436-6924 http://www.stpaulsepiscopalbakersfield.org Services at Sundays.
- Center for Spiritual Living,meets at 222 Eureka, in Bakersfield, between 17th & Truxtun off Union. Sundays: meditation ; Service . (661) 323-3109 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temple Beth El, and Rabbi Cheryl Rosenstein are welcoming of Jewish Gays and Lesbians. Info: 2905 Loma Linda, behind Garces High School off Columbus Avenue. Services are Fridays at ; on the third of each month, and on the preceding each AM service (either the 2nd or 3rd , depending on the calendar). (661) 322-7607 http://www.templebethelbakersfield.org/
- Wesley Methodist Church of Bakersfield, 1314 Oswell, on the corner of Niles; 93306. Pastor Karen Stoffers-Pugh has been outspoken in support of LGBTQ rights within her denomination. (661) 871-3030 Ext.201 http://wesleybakersfield.org/
- Emmanual Lutheran Church, of the ELCA Synod, includes pastor Valerie Carlson, who officiated one wedding on the first day they were legal in 2013. 1900 Baker Street, 93305. Services Sundays. http://www.emmanualbakersfield.org (661) 323-3355
- Open Door Church: a progressive Christian community in Frazier Park; Pastor Christine Buma is of an ELCA background. (661) 242-1267 or Open.DoorAPCC@gmail.com
- Tehachapi Community Congregational Church, part of the United Church of Christ, Pastor Nancy Bacon. Pastor Nancy is LGBTQ friendly and open to officiate same sex weddings. Services . 100 East “E” Street, Tehachapi, CA 93561 (661) 822-4443 email@example.com . http://tcccucc.org//,
- Kernville United Methodist/Episcopal Church. Pastor Frances Leibert 251 Big Blue Rd, Kernville, Methodist Service . Episcopal Service . http://kvumc.com/ (760) 376-2751
- St. Andrew's Episcopal Church of Taft, Rev. Heather Mueller, Service; 703 5th Street, Taft, 93268. (661) 765-2378 firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Michael's Episcopal Church of Ridgecrest, Paster Linda Huggard. The first legal marriage performed in an Episcopal Church in 2013 was done in Ridgecrest! Sunday Service 10am 200 W. Drummond Avenue, Ridgecrest, 93555. (760) 446-5816 https://www.facebook.com/AllSoulsAreWelcome
More Resource Organizations to Come Soon!
If you would like your organization listed with the Bakersfield LGBTQ, ie, a GSA, Church, or other LGBTQ Friendly Organization. Contact the Webmaster at email@example.com